In this article, I will clarify the three main ways to Earn Money from home!
Nowadays millions of people use the internet daily. In that aspect, earning money from home through the internet seems easy and interesting. So if you want to find out how to sell online, you came to the right place.
The first way to make money from home is by selling physical products online.
The days where you needed to hire storage and staff to build a business have passed. There are many different ways to sell online but my advice is to use online shops. It is cheaper than you think. You can buy online platforms where you can sell your goods at very affordable prices. One of the most popular Dropshipping platforms is Shopify, Wix, and BigCommerce. Of course, there are many other platforms out there to try out and see if they are to your liking.
Choose how you want to sell online. You can sell in your own online shop, made by one of the platforms mentioned above.
The other option for selling your goods are the platforms Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc.
Selling physical products on your own website:
Selling goods in your own online shop is the best way to sell online because there you have full control. You decide how your store looks like and how your products are presented. You will not be vulnerable to outside factors such as algorithm updates and you won’t have to compete in the crowded market.
For example, over 600 000 people sell through the platform Shopify. One thing you should have in mind is that those platforms are intended to help you sell. The templates (preemptively edited themes you use to view your shop with colors and content) are made to view the sales. The big drawback here is the insufficient traffic to your store at the beginning.
Sales of physical products on platforms like eBay, Amazon, etc.
Selling products at markets such as eBay, Etsy and Amazon are especially popular. It is known that only Amazon has over 2 million sellers!
The fence for the seller’s market is very low. Simply put, all you have to do is:
- Create an account;
- Post a product for sale with a description, price, and photos of it;
- Accept the payment from the client.
Market sites like eBay and Amazon allow you to reach a higher amount of potential clients and give you the opportunity to start selling very quickly due to the ready traffic which these platforms secure.
Where do you find products to sell?
The three most popular sales offer methods are:
- Buying wholesale from a supplier or a manufacturer – you buy the products that you want from a supplier or manufacturer and brand them. The expenses include buying the product (usually in bulk, especially if it is from a manufacturer), storing them in a warehouse (storage), maintenance and delivery.
- Products crafted by yourselves – if you are someone who makes their own products, this route would satisfy you. It is often used by people who sell jewelry, arts, and crafts. The main expenses are materials and the time invested in creating the product. This gives you the freedom to control the stock and pricing but can be difficult to pull off without hiring staff.
- Selling products using the Dropshipping method – the way of selling items online that grows in popularity by the day. It allows sellers to fulfill orders from clients without having to store or handle the product themselves. Here’s how it works: you post products; the client orders from you and pays; the order gets transferred to the supplier, who then delivers the product to the client.
The second method for earning money from home is by selling digital products online.
Digital products cannot be held, touched or tasted but are consumed by everyone – like music, videos, e-books, online courses, etc.
Due to their popularity and easy distribution, many entrepreneurs build entire businesses around these immaterial goods or start digital product lines to complement the physical products or services they offer.
The thing which makes them particularly attractive is that the digital products can be created once and can be sold multiple times to different clients, without having to fill their inventory which makes them perfect for advertisers, artists, educators, and freelancers who are looking for new sources of income requiring less effort.
Digital products that you can sell online:
- Selling educational products such as books or courses;
- Selling access to exclusive digital products;
- Selling music, art, videos or pictures as digital products
- Selling software;
The third method for earning money from home is by selling services online.
Selling services online is quite similar to selling a product online. You can have an online shop for your services, or your website could serve as a virtual business card which shows the services you offer. No matter how you choose to design your website you can’t expect people to go and find out what you are offering. You have to pick the best marketing approach that will help you distribute the information for your services and find the potential clients. Only then can you sell your online services and generate income and return of your investments. You can offer your services in your own website or in platforms like Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer.com, etc.
Here are a few examples of services which you can sell online:
- Web design;
- Graphic design;
- Writing articles;
- Editing articles;
- Creation of online shop;
- Affiliate Marketing;
- Virtual assistant and many more.
SIGN UP for the Dropshipping course “From Zero to Success in Dropshipping”